Why Buy eBooks Compared to Real Paper Books?
Filed under Compare eReaders
7 Reasons Why You May Decide To Buy eBooks
One of the biggest questions asked of anyone thinking of purchasing an eBook reader device, is whether it’s worth it to buy eBooks over physical paper books. You may be someone who really needs a PDF reader – but what about eBooks too – instead of buying real paper books? Here are seven reasons to consider and probably getting you thinking differently.
1. Save Money – How can eBooks possibly save you money when eReaders are so expensive to buy? While some eBooks cost more than paper books, and an eReader does cost money in the first place, most eBooks are inexpensive, and all the classics are free. Many avid readers find they can fill their eReaders with free content without ever buying a book!
2. Indie Publishing - It’s far easier for authors to publish their own work in eBook format than in real physical books. This means you can read unknown authors, discover new books, and grab a bargain as many self-published authors price their books low.
3. No Bookcases - When you buy eBooks, you don’t need to have a place in your home to store them; they simply go onto your computer or eBook reader memory. Being an avid reader used to mean piles and piles of books, or dilemmas over which to get rid of to save space. Not any more!
4. To Buy eBooks Is Convenient - Buying eBooks is a lot easier than buying real books. You don’t need to drive to the store, you don’t need to wait for online purchases to be delivered to your home. You can buy your eBooks straight from the device and start reading within minutes!
5. No Paper – Saves The Environment: Although it’s true that the eBook readers themselves do contribute to your carbon footprint, research suggests that the widespread adoption of the eBook format will ultimately help the environment as fewer paper books are created.
6. Read Books From Multiple Locations - Ever been on vacation and wished you had remembered to bring a certain book with you? When you use eBooks, you’ll never have the problem again. Sync your eBooks between your computer, smartphone and reader so you’ve always got your favorite book on you to continue reading where you left off.
7. Sharing - Lastly, many people refused to buy eBooks in the past because they couldn’t be shared like traditional books. Although digital rights management means you can’t just give away the eBook file to just anyone, many eBooks now incorporate a feature that lets you lend the book to friends with an eBook reader for a limited period of time (depending on whether the publisher allows it).
As you can see, there are many reasons to buy eBooks over traditional paper books! And if you’re worried that the experience won’t be the same, don’t be! Buy a high quality eBook reader and you’ll barely notice you’re reading from a screen?.